Mercado

by - February 21, 2017

This hidden underground restaurant can be easily missed if you don't pay attention when walking pass Angel Place in the CBD. It's our second time dining at Mercado, we liked the dim lighting and the casual menu and decided to pay this place another visit.


Front of the restaurant

Bar seating

Kitchen
Truffle mortadella $14


Feeling spoiled 😋
One of the reasons we came back is for this dish, I just love the truffle fragrance and the peppery taste of the meat. I have been craving for this dish since our last visit. To ensure I'm going home fully satisfied, Piggy agreed to let me get two plates of the truffle mortadella. Wood fired sourdough was provided to accompany the meat.
Ocean trout pastrami $18
This dish is not quite what I was expecting, it was fishy...the last thing I want is fishy fish. A big no no for me. 
Soft shell crab bun, harissa & aioli $22
Beautiful soft brioche bun with crispy soft shell crab, each element was spot on.
Fried quail, sesame, rose & buttermilk dressing $38
Fried mini chicken was what came to my mind when I first saw this dish. The crispy batter locked in all the juice and flavour of the quail, while the outside is covered with rose infused sesame oil. The meat was rich in flavour and the rose infused oil really came through and took this dish to another level. The only thing I wished for when eating the quail was a cup of puer tea, the dish became a bit heavy towards the end.
Del sol $9 (blood orange & pink grapefruit soda)
Food: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Atmosphere: 8/10

Highlight:

  • Truffle mortadella 
Low light: 
  • Ocean trout pastrami

Websitehttp://www.mercadorestaurant.com.au/
Address4 Ash Street, CBD, SydneyNSW
Hours: Mon-Fri 12-2:30pm, 5:30-11pm 

              Sat 5:30-11pm
            Sun Closed
Phone: (02) 9221 6444
Mercado Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You May Also Like

0 comments